Friday 7 April 2017

Result of email

As a result of the email I began to play around with the idea of a female collective, and the benefits in which it would have for myself and my peers. When discussing this in a critique large interests was gained surrounding the formings of the collective, and discussions began to circulate surrounding the manner.

After formulating  a group, it was decided that an ethos should be developed. A set of guidelines in which the collective would follow to. From this the below principles were outlined:

-The collective would promote female design work, as well as encouraging males. 
-The collective although made up to female members would no way discriminate against males, rather so help create an equilibrium within the creative industries. 
-As a collective multiple styles would be expressed, exploring a variety of design. 


Although I really wanted to push the collective further and begin to discuss ideas surrounding the ways in which we could promote ourselves, it was decided that the collective would not become a priority until the end of second year, due to the balancing of current assessed modules taking priority. Although stating this, I myself decided that developing this collective would be a strong starting point for my practical work, as it relates largely to the female focus groups mentioned throughout. As a result of this I propose that my final outcome will help support the collective, as well as promoting other lead female designers. One key consideration in which should be made is that the product will not aim to isolate men, but rather give female designers their own platform to promote their design work, attempting to remove the gender divide within the creative industries.  









No comments:

Post a Comment