Friday 29 December 2017

35mm

As many of the feminist magazines looked at contained forms of photography, I explored using a coloured 35mm. Film was selected as my method as it relates to the idea of zine culture. This also contradicts the 'glossy images' displayed in traditional women's magazines.

As traditional women's magazines, explored within my dissertation, highlight objectifying images of photoshopped women, this was an area in which I decided to contradict.

As I had a limited photo count, I decided that I must devise what the imagery will be taken of.


Design inspiration




Shoots 
A variation of shoots were conducted. Shoots conducted include:


Article for: Eden
Location: Barmouth beach
General style: Trashing waves, and rocks in relation to the content

Article for: Reclaiming pink
Location: Natural, bedroom shoot
General style: Kitch, men embracing make up























Sample image, taken at a previous shoot 


Article for: My body as a Utopia
Location: Hyde park
General style: images of the female body, as well as items that define beauty, for example make up, clothes etc.






Failed imagery 



Although I had brought the cameras from a reliable source (Argos), the films did not work. Some images were printed (most blurry), with the most unusable. At such a late stage, (and close to the deadline), this was damaging as the majority of the visual content was to be these images.







Above depicts the failed photography pieces. 



Above showcases some of the imagery that came out from the beach shoot/ the Hyde Park shoot. Unfortunately, due to the blurry nature of the images they are unusable. As this has put myself in a difficult situation, whereby I am pushed for time, I may consult with my peers surrounding how I can develop the rest of the publication, with a lack of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment