Wednesday 20 April 2016

pro choice variation

As I wanted a range of poster ideas to take to my next crit I began to develop a design in which focused more directly upon the woman's body, suggesting that ultimately that it's her choice. This in turn suggesting that Hillary is all about choice and freedom, rather than the restricting 'narrow minded' republicans.

I explored the construction of a torso through type with large connotations towards the figure of a woman. I explored with the phrase "our bodies are not public property" but felt that this contradicted the point of the poster, as it would be part of a political campaign. I also thought that the simple b&w variation was boring and that patriotic colours should be used in order to express further nationalism. 


I decided that blue was a much more appropriate tone for this design as the red focused directly on death and danger, a factor in which I felt would only distract from this piece. Instead a calm blue was used in order to suggest that in a calm manner Hillary can help women get the help in which they need to decide upon whether or not to terminate their pregnancy. 

A centralised text was then used in order to represent the curves of a woman's body more effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment