Saturday 14 October 2017

Dissertation theme and question

When outlining a theme and question for my critical report, passion became a key focus. As last years selected essay question was 'Discuss the role in which feminism has played within design culture.' I felt that it would be suiting to advance on this topic area, focusing on a more contemporary outlook.

As a result of this the key theme of my dissertation is that of feminism and or females in graphic design. As the module is to relate to my practice, I believe that this is a crucial topic area to spotlight as how is my practice to develop if the role of women within the design industry does not change.

The waves of feminism greatly interests myself, as without these essential historic movements women would not be in the situation in which they are today, this including many key female designers such as Paula Scher. Although my response should be contemporary, I would like to outline the effort in which these women placed in order to gain change.



Potential questions:

What are the feminist perspectives of design

Women in design, whats the next step? 

What are the effects of feminism on the design industry, and how does this position young female designers?

Contextual vs contemporary, have female design altered to 'fit' into the creative industry?


What are the effects of feminism upon the design industry, and how does this position young female designers


What are the effects of feminism upon the design industry, and how does this position young female designers

No comments:

Post a Comment