Monday 9 October 2017

COP lecture-research project

Multiple key pieces of information were gained from this lecture and are outlined below.

  • Firstly the dissertation is 5,000 worlds, this includes the bibliography but not the quotes. Harvard referencing must also be used. 
  • The dissertation and practical work should wrap around my practice, and inform my portfolio. 
  • Planning and organisation should be present on my blog, including essay plans and time management plans. 
  • The project should be defined, and the investigation should further enrich my knowledge upon the subject area. 

What is my outlined theme?

Feminism is the selected theme, as this not only impacts my design career but also day to day life. A large focus will be upon the employability of women within the creative industries, and what can be done to promote an equal balance of men and women within the industry.



So what am I trying to prove? 

That an imbalance is still present within the industry in which promotes the idea that by being male you will be more successful.



How can I find out about this? 

Gaining statistics surrounding the amount of young people being initially introduced to the industry will be critical in accessing whether there is a direct link between the employability f the sexes and the lack of women within the creative industries.



What areas should I focus on?

Firstly outlining the contextual relationship between feminism and design, and then promoting a contemporary outlook.



What do I already know? 

As my level 5 COP essay focused upon feminism I already have an understanding on postmodernisms effect upon this topic area, I also have an understand of key feminists theorists and female designers, for example Paula Scher.


What to do?
Where to go? 
Who to talk to? 
Films to watch? 


Gain a greater understanding of university employment statistics about LAU (see amber), and also gain information from other universities if possible. This would be a strong case study.

Abstract, an netflix original, must be rewatched as it gives a great insight into Scher, quotes may be taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment